The federal riding was first created in 1903 from parts of Brant South riding. It consisted of the County of Brant, excluding parts included in the Brantford riding.
In 1924, it was defined as consisting of the townships of Burford, South Dumfries, Onondaga, Tuscarora the part of the township of Brantford lying east of the Grand River, and the part of the city of Brantford not included in the electoral district of Brantford City. In 1933, it was expanded to include the town of Paris.
The federal electoral district was abolished in 1947 when it was redistributed between Brant—Wentworth and Brantford ridings.
The federal riding was recreated in 1966 from parts of Brant—Haldimand, Brantford and Haldimand—Norfolk—Brant ridings. It consisted initially of the County of Brant, and the Six Nations and New Credit Indian reserves.
In 1976, it was defined as consisting of the County of Brant. In 1987, it was defined as consisting of the City of Brantford, the Town of Paris, and the townships of Brantford and South Dumfries. In 2003, it was redefined as using the 1966 definition.
Brant was largely incorporated into the new riding of Brantford—Brant, with small territories going to Oxford and Cambridge during the 2012 electoral redistribution.
Information from Wikipedia